Getting a Star Wars tattoo is considered a bit too extreme by some people. However, if you’re truly passionate about these films, why wouldn’t you get one?
- 1 Star Wars Tattoo
- 2 25. Lightsaber placed horizontally on foot
- 3 24. Decorated AT-AT walker
- 4 23. Star Wars tattoo of lightsabres
- 5 22. The image of a TIE fighter
- 6 21. Symbols for Han Solo and Princess Leia
- 7 20. A full-sized Ewok
- 8 19. Ewok inked the traditional way
- 9 18. Millennium Falcon’s colored version
- 10 17. A spiritual depiction of Yoda
- 11 16. The real Yoda
- 12 15. The story of Han Solo and Princess Leia
- 13 14. The portrait of Kylo Ren
- 14 13. Obi Wan Kenobi in a realistic splendor
- 15 12. Amazing 3D representation of BB8
- 16 11. R2-D2 embellished with splashes of color
- 17 10. Old-school stormtrooper tattoo
- 18 9. Hyperrealistic stormtrooper tattoo
- 19 8. Half sleeve with C-3PO
- 20 7. Darth Maul’s scary face
- 21 6. Han Solo’s photo-like portrait
- 22 5. The faces of a famous couple
- 23 4. Pretty, old-school Darth Vader
- 24 3. Darth Vader: Mask vs. real face
- 25 2. Darth Vader vs. Heisenberg
- 26 1. Darth Vader without his mask on
Star Wars Tattoo
I think that a film themed tattoo is just as cool as tattooing a celebrity’s face on your skin or the portrait of your pet. Tattoos are about what you like, what makes you smile and what you find visually appealing. The following 25 tattoo examples are simply stunning from the visual point of view. The same goes for their meaning because every character depicted in them is defined by certain personality traits and actions.
When we get involved in a film series like Star Wars, it’s almost impossible not to have a favorite character. Also, we might even relate to some characters and feel like they are part of us somehow. Well, they can be part of you if you decide to get a Star Wars tattoo. The story of this movie series is complex and it’s about a world that doesn’t really exist. So, if a fantasy world can be fascinating, then a tattoo about it can be too! From the image of a lightsaber, an AT-AT or a TIE fighter to the portraits of Kylo Ren, Obi Wan Kenobi or Darth Vader, you can freely pick a design you want to see for the rest of your life.
Star Wars tattoo enthusiasts are also fans of realistic and hyperrealistic tattoos, so expect photo-like experiences! There are tattoo designs for those who love the traditional style and those who think watercolors are cool too. These aren’t as popular as the realistic ones right now, but, in case you were wondering, they are available upon request. Tattoo artists capable of hyperrealism will gladly draw a traditional design for you unless you find one that you like online first.
25. Lightsaber placed horizontally on foot
24. Decorated AT-AT walker
I think it’s safe to say that this AT-AT walker tattoo is embellished with elements often found in mandalas. Built for transportation and as a combat machine, it doesn’t really have anything to do with these ornaments, but it looks pretty cool anyway!
Limited Time Offer (click photo)
23. Star Wars tattoo of lightsabres
22. The image of a TIE fighter
21. Symbols for Han Solo and Princess Leia
20. A full-sized Ewok
19. Ewok inked the traditional way
18. Millennium Falcon’s colored version
17. A spiritual depiction of Yoda
Yoda is an essential character who has shared his wisdom in cryptic ways. He knows more than most of the other characters, so the extra eyes from this Star Wars tattoo have a hidden meaning. The whole design is very representative and shares a unique vision at the same time.
16. The real Yoda
15. The story of Han Solo and Princess Leia
When you leave the war aside, you’ll find the love story between Han Solo and Princess Leia fascinating. One moment of connection is enough to end up in a tattoo that stretches on a girl’s thighs. Their lines are also inked and part of her tribute to the Star Wars series.
14. The portrait of Kylo Ren
13. Obi Wan Kenobi in a realistic splendor
If any character is meant to be tattooed in a realistic manner, Obi Wan Kenobi is it! His looks and his behavior are as human as possible, but at the same time his power is great. I think all these aspects are nicely caught by this Star Wars tattoo.
12. Amazing 3D representation of BB8
11. R2-D2 embellished with splashes of color
10. Old-school stormtrooper tattoo
One can be a fan of traditional tattoos and of Stars Wars, so it only makes sense to adapt the futuristic image of the stormtrooper to the simplified image of an old-school tattoo. This is the result and it’so good that it can change people’s minds about their initial approach. I have to admit it, it’s not a very fitted image for the stormtrooper, but it’s a successful combination nevertheless.
9. Hyperrealistic stormtrooper tattoo
8. Half sleeve with C-3PO
C-3PO was interpreted in many ways by numerous tattoo artists, but its golden image is preferred. This robot’s human side made it a beloved secondary character that can’t be forgotten. Its image is part of a bigger tattoo that includes other characters as well. As for the colors and highlights, they are the proof of how much the art of tattooing has evolved.
7. Darth Maul’s scary face
Not many are on Darth Maul’s side, but those who are got a Star Wars tattoo of his scary face. The tattoo itself is highly detailed. I mean, look at his forehead wrinkles! As mentioned before, realism is the most chosen tattoo style in case of Star Wars and its characters.
6. Han Solo’s photo-like portrait
5. The faces of a famous couple
The romance between Han Solo and Princess Leia is not exactly the main thing that happens in the movies, but for some fans, it is the main reason for watching them. The idea of an epic love during times of war is a sensitive subject that has probably determined this person to get ink with their portraits. Or he/she is a helpless romantic.
4. Pretty, old-school Darth Vader
This Star Wars tattoo is a composition. It comprises a TIE fighter, a mask, some galaxy background and traditional flowers. This combination is what makes it unique among all the other designs. Any experienced tattoo artist can do this for you if you pay a little extra.
3. Darth Vader: Mask vs. real face
2. Darth Vader vs. Heisenberg
Part a Star Wars tattoo, part a Breaking Bad tattoo, this one is brilliant! Although these two characters have nothing in common, this guy combined them into one tattoo. I don’t think you can compare Darth Vader with Mr. White, but as a tattoo is intriguing, good-looking and it saves spaces since it’s 2 in 1.
1. Darth Vader without his mask on
Waiting for the big reveal of Darth Vader’s face might’ve caused more suspense than it was initially thought. At least one person was so touched by the reveal, that he got a hyperrealistic portrait of it. Is this was Luke saw when he took Darth Vader’s mask off?