Eagle tattoos – the best positions and designs + artists and cities to get them done. Check out the nicest eagle tattoos ever inked!Eagle tattoos are empowering and full of masculinity. That’s one of the reasons why you will not often see an eagle tattooed on a woman. On the other hand, among its meanings are vision, clarity, focus and wisdom, so they can be applied to women as well. Because you’ll see an eagle on many countries’ flags, you might associate it with patriotism. In fact, Mexico, Egypt and Albania chose this mighty bird to represent their nations. Also, it has won the battle for the USA’s flag against the turkey, which was proposed by Benjamin Franklin as a more respectable bird.
Respectable or not, eagle tattoos are about power, dominance, masculinity and virility. Regardless of the style chosen to be inked, the eagle remains a popular symbol that can be found under the form of tribal designs, haida, double-headed, feather, claw and accompanied by snakes, anchors and many others. Also called the King of Birds, the eagle looks amazing drawn in traditional and neo-traditional manners, as well as hyper realistic. Numerous tattoo artists have tried to adapt the classical design to new tattooing techniques such as dotwork and watercolors. As you’ll see below, they have succeeded and made some people very happy for life.
Eagle tattoos are commonly placed on shoulders, chests, ribs and backs. However, depending on the size of your desired tattoo, it can be adapted to smaller sizes that fit on hands as well. After so many people opted for the eagle as a symbol in their tattoos, it will be difficult for you to come up with an original design. Even so, you should focus on finding one that represents you the most, even if it contains elements that were already used by others. Here are a few examples of different eagle tattoos for you to find inspiration:
- 1 25. The golden eagle
- 2 24. A strong neo-traditional eagle
- 3 23. Eagle’s head and feathers
- 4 22. Eagle marked by watercolors
- 5 21. Eagle touched by dotwork
- 6 20. Eagle represented by splashes of color
- 7 19. Eagle tattoos for side-boob areas
- 8 18. Spread your wings and fly
- 9 17. An abstract interpretation of high acuity
- 10 16. Freedom and protection the traditional style
- 11 15. An eagle in action
- 12 14. Being free and unrestrained
- 13 13. The double-headed eagle
- 14 12. Connecting to the Native American culture
- 15 11. Being the American flag
- 16 10. Always faithful one way or the other
- 17 9. A splendid use of watercolors
- 18 8. Neo-traditional eagle tattoos in all their splendor
- 19 7. Overpowering deceit through conflict
- 20 6. A pencil sketch gone mighty
- 21 5. The Polish eagle design
- 22 4. The Serbian eagle design
- 23 3. Traditional western naval tattoo
- 24 2. Hyper Realism at its best for the animal kingdom
- 25 1. An empowering hand tattoo
25. The golden eagle
Eagles have different colored feathers, namely golden, brown, black, gray and white. When it comes to representing them in an artistic way, you’ll not see these colors only. This is because, for example, traditional and neo-traditional tattoos have a particular color palette. Its wings spread nicely on this man’s collarbone.
24. A strong neo-traditional eagle
23. Eagle’s head and feathers
Although this tattoo might seem incomplete to you, there is a meaning behind this combination. According to the Native American culture, it refers to healing and medicine. Having an eagle’s feather in your possession would make you a respectable member of the community. Until then, you can have a tattoo of an eagle’s feather.
Limited Time Offer (click photo)
22. Eagle marked by watercolors
21. Eagle touched by dotwork
20. Eagle represented by splashes of color
19. Eagle tattoos for side-boob areas
A woman’s fragility looks so sweet and delicate next to an eagle! A black and white tattoo, this one is mighty, fierce and proves a point. Not only what looks powerful, is. Strength may also come from within and endurance as well. I’m saying that because side-boob tattoos hurt a great deal.
18. Spread your wings and fly
17. An abstract interpretation of high acuity
16. Freedom and protection the traditional style
An eagle’s wing as a tattoo means freedom and protection. The fact that it is combined with a rose and colored so vividly can be explained by the traditional style. Since eagles will never become outdated, they belong to every style. Grayed-out or not, they become one with the wearer.
15. An eagle in action
14. Being free and unrestrained
13. The double-headed eagle
The double-headed eagle has an even stronger significance than the one with just one head. It refers to honor, strength and dominance. It is said that it has actually existed in Iraq and was brought to Europe too. Regardless of the truth, it makes an awesome idea for a chest tattoo for men, with or without color. I believe the reference to the third eye is personal, although eagles are supposed to be messengers of the gods.
12. Connecting to the Native American culture
11. Being the American flag
10. Always faithful one way or the other
If we focus for a short while and actually think about this gorgeous man’s tattoos, we’ll see that the eagle is combined with an anchor. That is very meaningful for US’s naval history and for the loyal marines. I adore the colors and his commitment to just one type of tattooing style.
9. A splendid use of watercolors
8. Neo-traditional eagle tattoos in all their splendor
7. Overpowering deceit through conflict
In order to understand this beautiful chest piece, you should think of the symbols of the snake. It is a creature that tempts people by awakening their sexual passion, vindictiveness, and vengefulness. So, the eagle is trying to fight it for wisdom and morality to win, not passion and vengeance.
6. A pencil sketch gone mighty
5. The Polish eagle design
4. The Serbian eagle design
A simple tattoo consisting of an eagle, a message and a skull may infuse more elements than we might initially think. While eagle tattoos should first of all have a meaning for you, some of them have an overwhelming meaning that can affect anyone who takes a look at them and knows a little something about the symbolism behind it. Choose wisely when you ink and where you ink because it may affect others as well!
2. Hyper Realism at its best for the animal kingdom
You are probably used by now with hyper realistic portraits of people. However, the animal kingdom is not explored enough. This is just one example of realistic tattooing in case of an eagle. It might not be the absolute best, but it should be taken in consideration. Although it has no background, it makes an excellent back piece.
1. An empowering hand tattoo
Hand tattoos are visible and they do not last as long as the other ones regardless of how much care you take of them. Even so, it would be totally worth it to get a tattoo of an eagle’s silhouette because it would look as awesome as the one in the picture above. Sometimes only seeing such powerful symbol may give you strength.